Here is a run down of what I did:
# 1- Swapped out the crystals on the chandelier. The chandy had some red ones (yes... red) on it when we moved in. I wasn't digging them, so they got removed. I just got around to replacing them with some extras from my grandmother's chandy.
Old on left, new on right.
# 2- re-covered the chairs with velvet. Looooooove. See my inspiration here.
# 3- moved the skirted table in here. We really needed some more storage in this room. And also, with Thanksgiving dinner coming up, I think I am going to be really happy that we have an extra surface to set stuff on so I won't have to run back and forth to the kitchen. I also moved the message board upstairs and replaced it with a framed chalkboard paint message board. Like I said... I like to change stuff.
# 4- Added new art. As you can see, this project is only half done. Walgreens photo and I had a little mis-understanding (read- I wanted them to print my photos... they could not get this done for various reasons. Don't get me started). ANYWAY- I will be getting the pics for these frames soon. Here are the ones I am using:
|Entrance to the Park.|
On to the next project! (should probably be finishing the powder room, but we shall see)