fashion flashback: 6th grade

10.10.2011

My whole life, I have always heard that fashion trends will repeat themselves. My friends, I believe that the fashion of my 6th grade life might be making a comeback. And I am welcoming it with open arms.

In the Oct. issue of Glamour, supermodel Agyness Deyn says she loves wearing Doc Martens. How funny- so did I............... in 6th grade!! Could they really be making a come back? I'm skeptical...

Here.

Proof.
If you are interested, get yours here. And they have really some really gussied up versions as well. Don't worry, they have a lifetime guarantee.

ANYWAY. While I might not be purchasing a new pair of Doc Martens, I am excited about another item that is coming back in a big way- tall socks. Full on Clueless style. The more modern version is to pair them with boots:

Here.

Here.

And lastly----- the sweater vest. You read that right. Swea. ter. V.e.s.t. I. love. it.

Here.

Here.

Here.
Alright, people. The only 'fashion advice' I would like to give today is please oh please just WEAR WHAT YOU LIKE. Trends are great... but it's so much better to wear something that is a true reflection of who you are and what you like than to wear what everyone else is.... Except when it comes to Cher from Clueless. I still want wanted to be her.

Really, did anyone do the sweater vest/tall sock thing better than her? That answer would be no.

Here.
Here.

Here.
In an effort to stay on top of the trends, I'm going to go home and get out my feathered pens. And my Cranberries cd. And I might bust out my favorite 6th grade item, a stuffed animal backpack. He was a bear and his name was Chocolate. You can't make that up.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity