Thanksgiving table inspiration

10.12.2011

I am so excited that we get to host Thanksgiving at the Chouse this year! It always makes a place feel more like 'home' when we get to have a holiday with our families there. Last year, we hosted Christmas at our house in Houston and it was soooo much fun!

One of my favorite things about hosting any party or event, really, is the decor! And this Thanksgiving is no different. So, I have been perusing Pinterest for some inspiration images about what I would like to do for the tablescape.

My first thought (that might change knowing me) is that I want to do something non-traditional. I'm thinking a striped runner might be a really easy DIY and definitely unexpected for Thanksgiving.

Here.
Sweet gum tree spurs are EVERYWHERE in the park. So something like this would be easy to do.

Here.
Love the gold pumkins. Definitely going to have to use them in some way...

Here.
More pumpkin placecards.

Here.
Love the use of gilded elements mixed with rustic ones.

Here.
Sticks are always a fav. of mine for fall decor.

Here.
This tablescape done by Eddie Ross for Lonny is just perfection. I love the cobalt blue... we have some plates that color so I could bust that out.

Here.
My ideas are obviously all over the place, so it will be interesting to see what we end up with! I am thinking I am going to start playing around with different table settings here pretty quick so I can have a solid plan before the day of. I know that day is going to be hectic enough... me + cooking Thanksgiving dinner= could be crazy :)

But, all I gotta remember to do is this and I'll be fine :)

Here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity