Here's what I used:
Fabric glue, straight pins, and trim. Pretty simple.
All I did was start pinning. I hate to be like that, because I know its not really scientific... but I just played with what looked best and then pinned it in place.
I started with the first box of the Greek key detail on the right side...
Making sure I left enough room on the ends for the trim to extend down/across the skirt.
Then, I continued pinning, stepping back to make sure my lines were straight. As soon as I got done pinning the box on the left side (which I just eye-balled to make sure it was the same size as the right side), I realized my trim wasn't long enough to extend all the way down.
All pinned and ready for glue!
Next- glue! I left the pins in, and glued the space around them. Then, I let that dry for about 20 min. before I went back to take the pins out and do the rest of the gluing.
No judgement on the outfit, plz.
Originally, I was going to do the Greek key on the top and bottom, but I decided I liked the verticality that was created with the straight lines/vases. Also, the reds don't match perfectly, but I kind of like that.
This was one of those photo sessions that Daisy WANTED to be in the pictures for. Exhibit A:
All in all, I think it's a great addition to the Chouse dining room!