5 Things I Love: The Peak of Tres Chic

5.10.2012

Today, I am SO excited to have Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic sharing her "5 Things I Love." If you have never visited Sam's blog before, I insist you go ASAP because it is FULLLLL of beautiful interiors. But the thing I love most about her blog is how personal she has created it to be. Recently, she has shared her decision to go back to school to pursue interior design, and in the meantime, she is working for an interior designer to learn the trade. I am so excited to see what the future holds for her!

Hello, Main Street Chic readers!  This is Sam, from the blog The Peak of Tres Chic.


 I am so thrilled to be here posting about some of my favorite things on Emily's blog.  Emily is such a dear, and we recently discovered we are both Oklahomans, and she used to live in Houston, where I currently reside!  It's such a small world, isn't it?

I work at a Houston-based interior design firm and am obsessed with interior design.  Therefore, most of what I will share today has to do with decor! 
I particularly love vignettes.  This is a vignette I styled in my living room.  I LOVE the Ralph Lauren coffee table book, the frame, and the decorative sun mirrors.  They bring in metallics and neutrals that really give off a glam vibe.


The second thing I love are these Kelly Wearstler Bengal Bazzar print pillows!  I love this textile KW designed, and the colors in this particular fabric are so pretty.  It makes me so happy to see these every morning when I leave for work.


The next thing I love is my LV tote.  I am typically pretty savvy when it comes to fashion, and I can find a bargain fairly well.  Nevertheless, I completely splurged on this bag, and I must say it was worth it.  This tote carries more than you can imagine, which is nice when I go from work during the day to school at night, to functions on the weekend.  It carries all my neccessities and is still chic and fashionable.  The perfect bag, in my mind!


The fourth think I love is satin and silk curtains.  I love to see windows dressed in dramatic fabrics, so I couldn't help but create this look in my own room.  I had a family friend make the curtains and install them (isn't she talented?!) and I love the way they turned out.


The last thing I am sharing today that I love are coffee table books.  I have at least one stack in every room.  They are my favorite gift to give, and to receive!  Here's a stack I keep by my bed:


A huge thank you to Emily for letting me share a few things I love with you.  I hope you will all stop by The Peak of Tres Chic and say, "Hi!"

Thanks so much, Sam! Absolutely loved having you here on MSC! You can see more from Sam at The Peak of Tres Chic. Also, follow her on Instagram (peakoftreschic) and on Twitter @PeakofTresChic.

If you are a blogger who wants to participate in this series, I would love to hear from you! Send me an email mainstreetchicblog@gmail.com. 

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for having me today, love! I had so much fun putting this post together and am honored to be here. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have a love for Bengal Bazaar! I love the gray colorway but I have it in bronze in my bedroom, it does make me smile!! Great tote, by the way! A good staple piece that I have yet to buy...Mother's Day?? Should I forward this to mu hubby ;)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam- I loved having YOU! Thanks again!

    Jamie- YES definitely forward to the Hubs! A little help in the gift buying department never hurt anyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity