the case for vintage

1.29.2013


One thing I have always loved is vintage/thrift shopping. There is NOTHING better than the thrill of a great find. Vintage items make a space unique, interesting and most importantly, gives a home something not everyone else has.

Which is why I really don't understand when people don't 'get' having vintage or thrifted items in their homes. I have heard clients say that they just 'aren't into' older things. So I am here to make a case for vintage pieces. Often, people just can't take an item they see in a vintage store or on a CraigsList posting and see the bigger picture of just how CHIC it could look in a space.

Here are two examples, pulled from current St. Louis CraigsList postings.

This:


Turns into this:


Or this:

 Or this:


Next example, these bamboo dining chairs:

Could end up looking like this:

Or this:


 Or this!


See what I mean? Sometimes, being able to see an item in a space and with the right styling can make allllllll the difference in the world. I'll probably do more postings like this, so let me know if you have ever found a vintage item that you are questioning! 

So what do you think? Am I making a vintage believer out of you yet?!

5 comments :

  1. I love this post! When I'm back, we are definitely meeting to do some thrift shopping - you have such a good eye for finding great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping in thrift stores. Especially for kitchen items :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Em! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on this post! That table... holy moly. That posting would have lasted but a hot minute in LA.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity