orange chair make-over - decision time

12.19.2012


I posted a while back about some orange barrel back chairs I found on CL. And I originally said I didn't want to change them.

But I decided I do. BC the Hubs said  the fabric reminds him of a 70's dorm room.... And he's right! And that's just not chic. SO, after pondering many options of how to re-do them, I've decided to do something somewhat neutral with a slight pop. What is that you might ask? Contrast piping, friends.


I love all the color combos, but I will be going with the below. Don't want it to be too loud, so I'll be using the red for the piping. 

 

And I recently realized how predictable I am. I pondered this exact look when re-doing the Louis chairs.


So, yes, I am taking on another upholstery project. Wish. Me. Luck.

Also, this is probably going to be my last post of 2012. We are blessed to get to take a pretty extensive holiday vacation with our family, so I will be heading out to Santa Fe on Friday. I hope you all have a safe and restful holiday season! I'll see ya next year :)

5 comments :

  1. The chairs are going to look great! Can't wait to see.
    Happy Holidays and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charmaine! Happy Holidays to you and your family :)

      Delete
  2. Perfect compliment to that red hot china cabinet you just spiffed up! Contrast piping will really make the chairs even more of a conversation piece. Are you going to keep or paint the wood and caning? and... Happy holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I plan on painting the wood and caning-- probably a similar color to the picture above!

      Delete
  3. Damn girl! I was just searching for projects on contrast piping and look what I found! Love all of these. I tend to love your predictability. Actually. I vote the red and the beige!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity