Gift Guide: for the guys

12.02.2011

One of my sweet friends from Houston recently told me she needed some help with Christmas present ideas for her Hubs. I personally think that guys can be SO hard to shop for. But, I have seen some great gift ideas out there so I thought it might be a good idea to compile them here for easy access :)

The JCrew Gift Guide for Men is pretty much perfection. But my favorite pick off the list are the fleece lined lodge moccasins. I also love their cashmere scarf... maybe I could actually get my Hubs to wear this one bc it's so soft!

Moccasins.
Keeping in the footwear arena- it seems like my Hubs always needs new socks. This sock bouquet is a great way to jazz up a not so cool but totally necessary gift. 

Sock bouquet.
This is SUCH a cool new take on the classic Ray Ban Wayfarer. Seems a little James Bond/Mission Impossible. "Look! My sunglasses fold up!" Totally plays to the little boy in every man. Genius.

Ray Ban Folding Wayfarer
I got a new watch for Christmas (yes, I am a cheater and am already wearing it). When we were in the Fossil store the other day getting it sized, I saw some awesome gift ideas that I am filing away for future use.

This travel bag is stunning in person. I think it will wear really well over time and is pretty but manly at the same time. A win/win.

Fossil Alpine Duffle
 While we were in the store, this watch also caught my eye. Such amazing price point-- really can't beat it!

Fossil Men's Ansel Leather Watch
The Cavallini Vintage Map easel would be great on any desk.

Find it at PaperSource or Amazon.




Is my husband the only one who loves these things??? I owe him a new one because the little nugget Daisy ate his when she was a puppy.

Remote controlled helicopter.

Jack Black products are awesome. If he doesn't use this, you probably will!

Jack Black Gift Set
I think these whiskey stones are cool, but since I don't like whiskey, it's kind of hard for me to say. PS- the description for these things is just awful... is that really how companies market to guys? Horrifying. But a cool product nonetheless.

Whiskey Stones

 This is a fun gift for a guy who likes to grill.
Custom Monogram Branding Iron.

Keeping it with the monograms- golf club links.

Customized Golf Club links.
For the tail-gate lover/college guy...

Beer holster.
When it comes to buying for the Hubs, I also really like experience gifts. Hot air balloon ride? Fly fishing lesson? Couples massage? The sky is the limit! (hot air balloon ride... anyone? ha!)

Alright, ladies! That's the best I've got this year. If you are looking for more splurge-worthy items, check out the Mens Health Gift Guide. Red Envelope has a pretty good list going as well. And for clothes/accessories, JCrew's list is fab. Good luck!

PS- Did you check out my gift guide for design lovers? Be sure to see it in the new issue of Twenty Something Magazine!

Lastly, I just want to share what I think Christmas is really about: the birth of Jesus Christ! To celebrate His birth in a way that I think is more fitting than gifts or decorating your home with bows and sparkles, please consider donating your time, talent or treasure to a worthy cause! I like this one, this one and this one.

1 comment :

  1. Oh they are SO hard to buy for! I feel like anything I think is "cool" never gets the same response... I stick strictly to a list provided by him!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity