Kitchen Island---I might be crazy?

4.27.2011

I swear I’m not crazy. But I definitely have my moments. This past weekend, I had one.
I was in Tulsa for a wedding and was running around with my mom/brother/friends (loooooove!!) My mom drove us by a house she wanted to check out that was for sale. Outside of the said house was this….




Now, I don’t know why… but I just thought “That’s my kitchen island!!!”
Let me explain how I got to that point:
Knowing we are- fingers crossed- going to live in the Chouse (church+house), I have been on the lookout for a kitchen island type thing. The space really needs a divider of some sort, but it needs to be smallish. The kitchen itself is relatively small, so I definitely wanted something that provided extra storage as well.
Also, I have just been feeling like everything we own is too ‘new’…. am I the only one who ever feels that way? Anyway, I have been wanting to throw in some more rugged items into the mix. Well it was Easter weekend and I have heard that if you ask, you shall receive!! I wished for something older and by golly, I got it!
I'm for sure going to clean it up, but I don't think it will ever look like new, and I don't want it to. I also really love that it has lived its 'life' in Tulsa. As you know, Tulsa just holds a really special place it my heart and it was such a wonderful weekend, so I am so happy that everytime I see the island, I will think of that Easter/Wedding/time spent with family and friends.
Big thanks to my Mom and her friend Alan who hauled it away and are holding on to it for me until it can make it's way up to STL.
Oh, and did I mention it was TWENTY DOLLARS?? You just can't beat that.
xoxo, Emily

2 comments :

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity