Margaux's Entry

11.21.2011

A while back my fab friend Margaux, who blogs at GAUXriginals, sent me an email asking for some help on her entryway. As you all know, I just LOVE giving my opinion on things like this so I was more than happy to help a sister out.

Here are the pics she sent me of her entryway. (note the sweet angel doggy!)


The turqouise chest is stunning!


She said her main issue was the wall above the chest. She said she really likes this mirror, but thought it was too small for the wall.


I agree with her. So I suggested that she do a grouping of mirrors to make the scale a bit more appropriate. Here are some inspiration images I sent to her:

Here.
Here.
Here.
And since I know she is a fellow DIY-er, I suggested that instead of buying a bunch of mirrors that are already similar, that she could just use CraigsList to find a bunch of inexpensive ones and paint them herself!

I also suggested that she add a slim bench to the other wall to add some interest to the other side of the entryway. I recommended using this tutorial to make one.

Here.
I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Also, if you are looking for some fun Christmas decor, Margaux makes these super cute Santa paintings. All of them are Gaux-riginals :) Doesn't he just look so jolly??

Here.
If you have any home decor questions, please feel free to reach out to me! I would love to help you out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity