Loving me some greek key

2.09.2011

A while back, Cody and I bought this shelf for our entry way.


Please note my sweet angel- Daisy. It's like she just knows when I am going to take a picture!

Anyway, its just a regular, run of the mill, mass produced shelf. But it definitely serves its purpose well- just a place to catch all of our crap that we have in our hands when we come home. So when I saw this upgrade to an Ikea night stand, it got me thinking about how I could customize our shelf!


                            http://blog.effortless-style.com/2011/02/show-tell-fretwork-furniture/

So on a recent snow day (yes, I said SNOW DAY and I live in Houston), I decided to give it a go!

First, I drew a very rough sketch of how I wanted it to look (orange post-it). Then, I taped off the areas I was going to paint.


All the while, dealing with this distraction :)


Then, I painted two coats of primer followed by one coat of regular white wall paint, let it dry and here is the finished product...


Its very subtle, but overall I am pretty happy with it! The shelf still needs to be accessorized and whatnot, but I do love seeing the greek key when I come down the stairs! More to come.

xoxo, Emily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity