I can sew!

7.28.2011

I know what you are going to say... "really, Emily? More greek key for your house?" And my answer would be "Heck yes!" I have long admired greek key pillows like the ones below.

Caitlin Wilson Design.

HouseBeautiful.com


So, I decided to try it out myself. I picked up a pillow with a removable cover from Target (on clearance for $10) and some greek key trim (also on clearance!!!). Not going to lie to you blog-world, this project took a long time. It was alot of measuring and eyeballing to make sure it was as symmetrical as possible.



Initially I was thinking I would just use fabric glue to attach the trim to the pillow, but after thinking it out I decided to sew it on... hand sew... Like I said, it took a long time.




The outcome is just ok. I like it, but I don't love it. But it's always nice to know you can do something yourself instead of paying someone else to do it for you.





I am not a professional seamstress-yet! But overall my first sewing project was pretty successful!

xoxo, Emily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity