Decorating for royalty

6.26.2012

According to one of my most trusted news sources, Princess Kate would like the help of designer Kelly Hoppen to decorate her and Will's home in Kensington Palace. Can you imagine- decorating for royals!? I'm pretty sure that's when you know you have 'made it'! I checked out Kelly's work, and I'm very surprised at how contemporary most of her portfolio is.


But she can also do "traditional" very well, which I'm kind of thinking might be how the Royals lean. I mean, it is a palace, after all!


I really hope the palace releases pictures of the 'after'- ha! What do you think? Do you like Kelly's aesthetic?

4 comments :

  1. Awesome post Emily! Love the idea of imagining what Wills and Kate's place will look like! I love this designer! Would DIE for "before" and "afters"! Ha!
    xoxo, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed they release some! Xoxo!

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I have never heard of Kelly but from what you show she does do some fabulous interiors. I think her aesthetic is a bit too modern/contemporary for me, but I bet the "after" pictures of the duchess and duke's space will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of her either. Will be super interested to see what style they end u leaning toward, but I really can't see them going this modern!

      Delete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity