In 2 years time

6.25.2012

2 years ago, I was featured on the Neo-Traditionalist as the "Neo-Trad of the Week". I had just started reading blogs and Katie's was (and still is) one of my favorites. I recently looked back at my then answers and it made me think of how much can change in 2 year's time... So I thought it would be fun to come up with my 'now' answers:
Name, Age, Location
Emily Swenson Davis, 26, St. Louis, MO
My cliff-note autobiography…
Recent transplant to St. Louis by way of Houston, but will always claim Oklahoma as my home. Been married to the love of my life for 3 years and feel so grateful for the life we are creating together. 
Things that make my heart flutter…
(these haven't changed much!) Love in it's many forms, looking forward to a truly fantastic event, family time, the color red, correspondence, a new purse, puppies (especially mine!). And fresh flowers- always.
My dream dinner party…
Who: I just want my nearest and dearest to be there. There is nothing better than being in a room filled with people you love.
Where: A very beautiful/intimate home (that hopefully belongs to me!) on the beach or in the mountains. I'm not picky.
When: As often as possible!
What: We would spend the evening laughing, telling stories, and giving thanks for how blessed we are. And of course, great food and drinks would be involved.
In ten years I will be…
If I've learned anything in my life, it would be "If you want hear God laugh- tell Him your plans!" Who knows where I will be in ten years but as of now, I'm just shooting for 'happy'!  And if I could be living near my friends/family, have a wildly successful career, 2 kids, a few dogs and a fabulous home, I wouldn't complain :)
I am neo-traditional because…
I believe that you create your own happiness- and that true happiness comes from the everyday, little things. I'm neo-traditional because while I do appreciate modernity, old will always beat new (in fashion, home decor, cars, literature and people!). I'm neo-traditional because I love vintage jewelry, champagne, board games, Fitzgerald, thrift store finds, polka dots, my library card, lipstick and dinner parties.  And I'm neo-traditional because this still rings true for me: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.

So funny to see how things have changed for me- and how some things haven't! How much has changed in your life in 2 year's time?

3 comments :

  1. You're absolutely right! I have a feeling that given the same survey, I'd have some pretty different answers two years later as well. Homeownership, illness, deaths, births and a whole new world opened up to me through blogging would all have influenced some different responses- even in that short of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin- thanks for sharing and I totally agree! 2 years doesn't sound like alot of time... but it really is!

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea, to revisit these questions! I so agree, two years makes a HUGE difference in many things. I am a new follower and would love for you to stop by The Jem Journal and follow as well!
    -Morgan
    www.thejemjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity