Dream Farmhouse

8.11.2011

So, my family has a farm. It was acquired in the Oklahoma land run and has been in the family ever since. My Mom now takes care of the cows/operations/farmhouse and has been toying with the idea of building a new house or renovating the existing one. I, for one, am definitely in favor of this idea. Mostly so she can have an enjoyable place to spend time after the HARD work she does. But also because I have this picture in my mind that it will be a place that we will use for family holidays, gatherings, etc. And hopefully, it will be a place that I can take my children one day.

So, obviously I turned to Pinterest (you can follow me here) to start a board of inspiration images for the FH. Here's what I have come up with so far.

The FH will definitely need a nice, big porch.


With a great place to share a meal outside.


And some dogs running around, naturally, bc the whole fam is full of animal lovers.


The interior of the home will be comfortable, cozy, welcoming and lived in.



With a large living area


And super comfy bedrooms.





We will also need a nice place to wash off the Oklahoma red dirt...



And a place to catch a quick breakfast before heading out to feed the cows.


And of course the heart of the home will need to be just as cozy as the rest of the house...


details...






All images via here.

So fun to daydream. What do you think... would you put in a day's worth of farm work in order to be able to hang out at this house? I definitely would!

xoxo, Emily

PS- SO sad to hear that High Gloss will be no longer! Best of luck to Paloma and the rest of the team in their future endeavors. High Gloss will be missed!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity