My pride and joy

8.15.2011

It's no secret that I love my doggie, Daisy. I wanted to find a new way to showcase my love for her in the house (even though she is already displayed in the gallery wall, but that's neither here nor there.) And I am not the only one out there who feels that having pet art is a definite plus!

Here.

Here.

I love the idea of having a traditional design element like a silhouette, but giving it a new twist- like using a pet instead of a person :) So I decided to take matters into my own hands and used this tutorial as a guide and went to work! First, I needed to find the right picture.



I decided this was the one because it has great detail and it wouldn't just look like a blob. So I saved it on a zip drive, went to Kinkos and had them print it out in a 22x28 (which is the size of the canvas I was going to paint it on).


This is what I came home with. So I just cut Daisy's outline out, then taped it to the canvas.


I traced around it, using a fine point black sharpie.


The last step is just to paint it!


Ta daaaaaa!!!


I love it!! And even though the Hubs thought I was a bit weird for wanting to do this at first, I think he really likes it too!

xoxo, Emily

4 comments :

  1. I LOVE IT. I can't judge - i did paint a pic of tucker and paint his silhouette on a pillow. More dog art, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I want to do one for my German Shorthaired Pointer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see it when you are done!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity