St. Louis Art Museum

8.08.2011

A few weekends back, the Hubs and I decided to check out the St. Louis Art Museum. I must say, I was very impressed! SLAM (as it is referred to by the locals) has an amazing amount of diversity it exhibits.

Loooove the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist exhibit. Van Gogh, Monet and Degas :)




Also a really awesome Modern Art Exhibit.



They have everything from Ancient New Guinean art...


To a weapons exhibit....


And even some ancient Egyptian items...


I was not expecting to see furniture from various eras, but it was a good surprise.




This was one of my fav.things I saw that day. It's a bunch of drawers... I just think it's really cool!


The museum itself is laid out really well and is really beautiful in it's own right.




The Museum is in Forest Park (a huge park in the center of the city) and overlooks a gorgeous lawn and fountain.


And one of the best parts was it was free to attend, as most of the museums in STL are! I will definitely go back.

xoxo, Emily

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity