Guest bedroom progress

6.20.2011

As I have posted about before, I love customizing furniture. So the other day I was inspired to give the dresser in the guest bedroom a facelift. Here is the before:



Please note all the crap on top of it. This is seriously how it has looked since we moved in. Oh well.

I acquired this dresser from my sister who got it from her college room mate who didn't want it anymore when they moved out of their house. And I have had it ever since! So, I definitely knew I wanted something graphic on it... but I really just winged (is that a word?) it and started taping.



First, I did the top left square. Then I measured it and taped the other squares using those measurements. Not going to lie, it kind of took a long time.

Then, I primed the squares and then painted them using just regular craft acrylic paint.


After this step, I taped out the final square for the middle and also painted the hardware. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of that step, so here is the finished product:



I am really pleased with how it turned out!

Now I just need to get that stuff off the top of it...

xoxo, Emily

3 comments :

  1. Incredible Em!! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wellllll ladies you will both just have to come see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity