OMM- The wall above the couch.

1.17.2012

We are back for another On My Mind session. Remember, I never said these posts wouldn't be random! Today- the wall above the couch (WATC)!

Decorating the wall above the couch can be a toughy. Many people just have a large blank wall to work with... which can be a daunting task. I would like to throw it out there that I am SO jealous of you all who can 'float' your couch. Obsessed with that look.

But for the rest of us, here are some ideas of what to do.

Ashley Stark's living room was recently featured in Elle Decor. This room is a perfect example of using large artwork to make a statement on the WATC. This technique is one of the most popular ways to decorate this wall.

Here.
Another great example of this.

Here.
Or instead of one large piece, you could opt for multiple pieces.

Here.
Another great way to bring some interest to this space is to use a 3-D art piece/sculpture.

Here.
I also love the look of a series of frames over the couch. But as you all know, I am a sucker for a good gallery wall.
Here.
Some more examples of this.

Here.

Here.
Symmetry is always great.

Here.
Another option is to make the wall a focal point by using wallpaper on only that wall. This way, you can use a smaller frame/art piece and it won't look out of scale.

Here.
Using a mirror on the WATC is a great choice as well.

Here.

Here.
The Chouse has one of the most interesting (read: difficult) layouts I have ever seen and it is really challenging my space planning abilities. The WATC is not excluded from this issue. But currently, this is what my WATC looks like.

(Dogs!!)
PS- I have GOT to start taking better pics... sorry for the iphone-ness!
Of course, I am never satisfied, so this will definitely evolve over time.

Anyway! How do you all have your WATC decorated? Any great ideas that I missed? Dish.

4 comments :

  1. paintings are above the couch but i would like to put my potrait....lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi will you come decorate my house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xanthi- nothing like making your home reflect 'you' :)

    And Neely- I would LOVE that! Feel free to send me an email about what you are having trouble with and maybe i can point you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who are you puppy-sitting? He looks cuuute! Daisy looks beautiful, obvi :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting :)

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity